Friday, December 10, 2010

In the winter wonderland

"From the frying pan into the fire" is the thought that went through my head as I walked out of the Dulles international airport in Washington DC. Weather seemed to be as cold or colder than London. Thank god for the pair of gloves that I picked up in London and my ski cap! But I have to admin, it felt great to be back in the US. There is something about the familiarity of a place built over two decades. Plus Washington DC - the seat of power! As Todd and I were driving to the city for a breakfast meeting, we passed by the Pentagon. I have been to DC before but have never seen this legendary building (is it the largest office building in the world?). Quite a kick!

I am in Rochester, New York now, where the temperature is several degrees colder and there is white cold stuff all around us. Can't wait to get to Los Angeles (78 degrees on the weekend).

Feeling exhausted and still struggling a bit with jet lag. But having a blast eating my favorite food. We stopped in at the Five Guys in Washington DC. This is the burger joint that hit the headlines when Obama stopped in to pick up a Cheeseburger (video). I tried one here and I can see why the Prez favors this place. Had great ribs last night in a barbecue joint in Rochester. My favorite Cheese Cake in London and Mexican at a new hot chain - Chipotle! Boy, packed quite a bit (literally!) in a couple of days that I have been here.

No comments: