Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back in my favorite city


In case I have not mentioned this before, London is on the top of my favorite city list. If I have already told you this earlier, then this is to let you know that nothing has changed. I still love the place and wish that some day I can spend 3-6 months living here.

Perhaps it is the international feel of the city that appeals to me. Earlier this afternoon, I was sitting on a bench in Kensington garden. In a period of about 15 minutes, at least 40-50 people walked by speaking in over a dozen languages! I like the crowds here - people are walking everywhere, there is hustle and bustle around the place. The underground tube (train) system is fabulous and makes getting around the city a breeze. Well ... today was an exception. There is a strike and the underground is not functional. So I got a feel for London traffic as I drove in a taxi from one end of the town to the other.

I have been quite fortunate with the weather. With the exception of one or two trips to this city, the weather has generally been perfect every time I have been here.

The only bad thing about my recent trips here has been the fact that I keep traveling alone for work. I need to come back soon with Mona, Aanish and Ayaana. Plus I have promised Aanish that we will come to London and take him to an Arsenals football match! Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

No comments: